Thursday 18 September 2014

Shutter speed test




SHUTTER SPEED TEST #1

I first learnt aperture and shutter in college, then I went around Digbeth and practised using the shutter setting on my camera, for the first time. 
Here are my pictures:




These are of a fast shutter speed of me throwing a peice of paper over the digbeth cannal. I only uploaded 3 of the best pictures to show the journey of the paper falling.




This was with a sharp shutter speed, that was quick enough to capture the drip, yet a little slower to record the journey of the ripples in the water.





Here was another fast shutter speed, but not that quick because i wanted to get the falling droplets in more sharper detail.





Here is a photograph i took to show how i understand shutter speed. I wanted a slow shutter of water, without using a waterfall or tripod. This was a pond of water that i zoomed in a little and then took the photo. It was on a slow shutter around 1/30, and i flicked water back into the pond, using my hand to create wild waves. I also used Ribbet to edit the picture. I first edited in black and white, then gave it a blueish tint and faded it in and sharpened it. I love the slow shutter because it gives it a nice mist effect. I got the photo I wanted, and next time I will try it with a much more slower shutter.


CONCLUSION:


I learnt that using a fast shutter speed will capture a quicker movement of the subject (the water or paper.) Also if it is slower then, say the water will slow down and turn more blurry or misty. The shutter speed is the ideal setting to use for capturing movement.





No comments:

Post a Comment